+ Reply to Thread

Thread: moving to Ottawa

Default moving to Ottawa

So, for anyone that cares, I was born and raised in Montreal, the land of poutine and absolutely gorgeous women. That's about all I'm going to miss.
    I got a job working for Huawei (and it absolutely effin rocks) and I bought a house in Kanata (25 minutes west of Ottawa) which I will be moving into in a few weeks.
    No more language problems, shitty roads, constant road works, excessive taxes (highest in north america), construction mafia/unions, politics based on separation etc...
    I will finally be able to vote on issues rather than just vote for the non-separatist party, I can actually chose in which language to educate my children, and ... peeople are really polite here.
    Plus, it pays better here. But I will miss the eye candy.

yay!
    [Ci]cryco
    freelancing agent of chaos

Ottawa gets unfairly characterized as the "city fun forgot" but my experiences have always been extremely positive there.Lots of great museums, the river walk by the center of government is beautiful, Little Italy is fun, decent bars and concert venues, great Vietnamese food, Ottawa Comic Con is a great time, nice IMAX movie theater in Gloucester. You could do way worse. Good luck and have fun!
    Currently Playing on PC: Dirty Bomb; Battlefront II; Stellaris; Curious Expedition; The Witcher III. Currently playing on Wii U: Zelda Breath of the Wild.

One of the first places I've visited in Canada since I've become an adult is Ottawa. I hope you enjoy what it has to offer, when I've visited there it's been super enjoyable. I will say this though, I'd miss Arcade MTL and Meltdown in montreal if you're leaving there.
    #68 Sometimes there is fire. You must not stay in fire.

4. Default

Congrats, Cryco!
    What are you doing for Huaweii?

More importantly, will this give you more GAME time.

I rock a lawsuit when I'm going to court, a white suit when I'm getting divorced
    A black suit at the funeral home, and my birthday suit when I'm home alone

haha, that's a good question.
    Doing what I've always done, drawing the analog circuitry, transistor level, in 7nm technology.
    Time... Gaming is a little lower on my to-do list lately
    Loving Ottawa so far. Love the new house, both my kids can ride their bikes now, so that's a nice parenting milestone I can cross off my list.
    Wife's still dealing with depression (yes, 6 years later), so things can be better.
    Had some really really good bbq ribs the other day though.
    [Ci]cryco
    freelancing agent of chaos

+ Reply to Thread