+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BlakkyChann - Brewmaster/Windwalker Pandaren Monk

1. Default BlakkyChann - Brewmaster/Windwalker Pandaren Monk

1. Character Name: BuhBuhBuhBlaakkyChaaayyyaaan( or BlakkyChann for those who lack inner funk)

2. Class/race/professions: Monk/Pandaren/600 Mining, 600 Engineering, 600 Archaeology

3. Main spec and Off-spec: Brewmaster/Windwalker (but willing to learn/gear Mistweaver in a pinch)

4. Link to the Armory advanced page for your toon: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...chann/advanced - previous mains Craniumcrack(WOTLK & part of Cata, enh/resto shaman) and Vulkrin(BC, Prot Pally when consecrate and exorcism were the only paladin aoe tank spells and pulls were hardmode. Since renamed to Braincase.), Luxlothar(Vanilla, Dwarf Hunter) All are now on Malfurion.

5. Previous guilds and why you left: Going to name the notable ones here, testing my memory big time!

Archon Rising -- came over from GW2 with a guild. Guild Leader left without transferring lead -- I stayed as long as i did because they are a good bunch of people. Raiding was painful, but it was a good place to get back into the swing of things.

Elite Chaos - Played with them a few months at the beginning of Cataclysm to hang with IRL friends and get some content done. Got my Kingslayer with them. Left to explore a few other MMOs, raided with a Shaman in RIFT for over a year.

Spike Flail(Top #50 US) - the peak of my raiding career. Claim to fame #44 World 25 man Hodir hardmode kill. Still have the video somewhere on an external harddrive. Extremely disciplined and professional team. Learned there what it took to be Top 50 -- 6 day/week raid schedule, expectation of flawless performances..farmed mats/gold for consumables on your one day off. Was during a time of unemployment and ended once i started working again.

Blackout - Played with these guys for nearly a year and off-tanked/healed through all content up to Felmyst in Sunwell. As can sometimes happen, some guys graduated school, got jobs and promptly disappeared. I decided to quietly move on at the launch of WoTLK.

6. Previous raid experience:

Vanilla - not a whole lot, Onyxia, MC and a little AQ40, mostly puggin' it.
    BC - Raided all the way up to Felmyst in Sunwell before we ran out of time.
    WoTLK -- All content up to Heroic ICC..Kingslayer on 10man...very very close to getting it in 25man.
    Cata - very little
    MoP - All LFR content short of Lei Shen, First 3 bosses of MV 10man normal.

7. Teamspeak is REQUIRED for raiding, are you willing to download TS?

I dun installed already.

8. Deadly Boss Mods, Omen Threat Meter, and Decursive / Healbot / Grid (one of these if you are a healer or can decurse) are all required for raiding are you willing to download these?

Aren't the bosses deadly enough? Do we really have to mod them?(the answer is I already use them, along with other small aids for survivability and tight rotations)

9. Why you like to play WoW and what are your goals in the game?

I like Warcraft because there is usually a right answer(aside from RNG class mechanics)...I've always been a min-maxer and I discovered how critical this is to me during my 2 years of moonlighting in other games. Gear is just a tool, the most satisfying parts of the game for me are the little moments you when overcome new fight mechanics and the big moments when you drop a difficult boss after a couple of wipe nights.

10. How did you hear about Carpe Imperium (if you heard about us from someone make sure to include their name)?

Guild Finder in game, followed buy a little online stalking...err review.

11. Do you do any PVP (Arenas or BG's), and how serious about it are you?

Naw, never been much of a "headshot" personality. I'd rather drop raid bosses and search for cherries in gazelle poop in Nagrand.

12. Carpe Imperium strives to excel in every aspect of the game. What do you look to get from joining Carpe Imperium?

Long past my hardcore days...just looking for a new team of independent thinkers to run with and knock some content down in due course.

13. What will Carpe Imperium gain by having you as a member?

A reliable raider who doesn't need a lot of scrutiny. Someone who shows up with consumables, a better than basic understanding of the fight mechanics, and a mental state poised to perform. A tank who knows knows the value of leaving space behind a boss for the hack and slash classes. A melee dps that knows that damage time is equally important to DPS. Also possibly a few extra documented cases of a rare strain of Avian Penis Flu.

14. Carpe Imperium strives to be both friendly and effective. Can you give and receive constructive criticism without being rude or offensive? Are you willing to put in time to
    improve your gear, spec and abilities if you are selected to join our raiding team?

And what the hell do you mean by all that? (I always value constructive criticism and always happy to help. I've been an officer in many past guilds. I gear optimally.)

15. Can you make the majority of Carpe Imperium's raid times (6:30pm server invite time / 7 server first pull, raids go several nights a week)?

I usually have 5-6 business trips spread over the year which will take me away anywhere from a couple of days to a week. Other than that, i'm all yours.

16. Tell us a little bit about yourself:

First of all, I'm a lousey toque wearing Canadian. I'm a Professional sales guy in a somewhat technical field(I handle distributor level accounts for the world's 3rd largest producer of work gloves). I dig electronic music. Watching soccer and rugby, game of thrones, and my johnson getting smaller as i get older and fatter. Big fan of comedy in all it's forms, and graduated from the Improv Comedy program @ Second City. Also Skyrim. Love me some Skyrim. oh yes.

Yours,

Blakkychann

Nice app man.

Romi
    --Sanso--Hellere--Helleri--Hankofer--Hankopher--Hankers

"History is a cold and distant observer. Those of us who must face today have goals far more finite: We must mend our wounds, mourn our dead-and survive the winter. Crows take what the historians think. History will attend to itself." -Jim Butcher

4. Default

In an effort to ease border relations and grease myself through the door, I offer a video of a catshark on a Roomba, a dogshark, and a duckling:

That video was hysterical! Nice app
    It's all make believe, isn't it? -MM

+ Reply to Thread