+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anthrup - Mage

Default Anthrup - Mage

1. Character Name: Anthrup

2. Class/race/professions: Dranei Mage, Tailoring & Mining

3. Main spec and Off-spec: Whichever is appropriate for my current gear

4. Link to the Armory advanced page for your toon: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...thrup/advanced

5. Previous guilds and why you left: I was most involved with Traumatize on Auchindoun and then on Cenarion Circle (the entire guild re-rolled!). I stopped playing several years ago to focus on Grad School at the time.

6. Previous raid experience: All of my raid experience was during BC. Traumatize was beginning our progression and downed a few T5 bosses when I left.

7. Teamspeak is REQUIRED for raiding, are you willing to download TS? People raid without it? (of course!)

8. Deadly Boss Mods, Omen Threat Meter, and Decursive / Healbot / Grid (one of these if you are a healer or can decurse) are all required for raiding are you willing to download these? Again, people raid without these? (of course!)

9. Why you like to play WoW and what are your goals in the game? I love the end game content, and really seem to enjoy the process of slowly gearing up not only my character, but the entire guild so we can progress through the content. I also really enjoy the "teamwork" aspect of raiding in that it takes 10 or 25 people to be coordinated and doing their part.

10. How did you hear about Carpe Imperium (if you heard about us from someone make sure to include their name)? Andoron referred me, and in fact, he is the one who helped talk me back into rejoining WoW.

11. Do you do any PVP (Arenas or BG's), and how serious about it are you? I'm not a big PvP person, though back in BC I was working on a lvl 19 twink at one point.

12. Carpe Imperium strives to excel in every aspect of the game. What do you look to get from joining Carpe Imperium? I'd just like an opportunity to raid again, and playing with someone I know from the real world will be nice as well.

13. What will Carpe Imperium gain by having you as a member? Well I heard you may need a mage...so there's that...I'm also willing to contribute any way I can with my professions. I'll gladly contribute mats or other things people may need to help us all move along. I typically max out my cooking & fishing and usually have extra "buff" food that I'll gladly contribute as well.

14. Carpe Imperium strives to be both friendly and effective. Can you give and receive constructive criticism without being rude or offensive? Are you willing to put in time to
    improve your gear, spec and abilities if you are selected to join our raiding team? Absolutely, and in fact this is one of my favorite parts of the game - learning my character/class's role and improving the spec, abilities, etc that is required. Really "studying" the game makes it significantly more interesting for me.

15. Can you make the majority of Carpe Imperium's raid times (6:30pm server invite time / 7 server first pull, raids go several nights a week)? Yes I can.

16. Tell us a little bit about yourself: I have an MS in Aero Engineering and I'm a Stress/Structural Analyst, focused mostly on helicopter airframe work. In my spare time I homebrew and occasionally DJ. I'm also a big live music fan so I attend a fair share of music festivals and concerts. I grew up in Wisconsin, so that also makes me a huge Green Bay Packer fan and I also own a share of stock in the team.

2. Default

Great post! Seems like a good fit for us. Best of luck with your application.

Well I'm geared up to i500+ (503, but who is counting?), so if you ever need DPS let me know! There were also rumblings on possibly a second raid group forming...I don't quite think I can take the lead but I'm definitely interested and would be willing to help get that going if a spot doesn't open up soon!

4. Default

We have been using substitute raiders a lot lately since we've had scheduling issues with our main raiders on occasion. I'll pass this on to our GM Romi and make sure to remind Ando to toss your name into the pile when we're looking for fill-ins or possible long term raiders! Don't be afraid to start inquiring more in game. If you run lfr and heroic scenarios or things like that, most of us do as well and are always looking for more reliable players to fight the constant stream of bad groups you get on occasion. Best of luck to you, see you in game!

+ Reply to Thread