+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Recent Outage

1. Default The Recent Outage

As you may know, we had a fairly significant server outage over the last week. For starters, I blame ArX - wouldn't you?

Here's the rundown:
    • Something (not sure what yet) caused an issue with our primary drive on the server, which messed up the boot record and crashed the server, so it wouldn't boot up again.
    • I went out to our FTP site where the database backups were being placed every night and found out the files were corrupted, so we couldn't restore from our backups
    • I ended up having the drives pulled from the server and shipped directly to me and was able to recover all of the data up to the point of the crash \o/
    • We purchased a new server (just for giggles and comfort) and uploaded all of the data
    • Scumgrief and I brought everything back online

We will be putting some additional things in place to avoid this in the future. Sorry for the downtime - thanks for your patience

You may now unfasten your seat belts and walk about the cabin freely!
    · Slag · molten lava ·
    · Carpe Imperium ·

Thank you very much for all your hard work, effort and expense. This website is one of my all favorite things on the internet and I appreciate how much goes into keeping it going.

If, now or in the future, you decide that you need some assistance to maintain the cost of the website... I know I would contribute something to help out. I'm sure a lot of others would, too. A paypal or kickstarter or something might be worth considering.

Thanks again!
    Currently Playing on PC: Dirty Bomb; Battlefront II; Stellaris; Curious Expedition; The Witcher III. Currently playing on Wii U: Zelda Breath of the Wild.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBlunted View Post
    Thank you very much for all your hard work, effort and expense. This website is one of my all favorite things on the internet and I appreciate how much goes into keeping it going.

If, now or in the future, you decide that you need some assistance to maintain the cost of the website... I know I would contribute something to help out. I'm sure a lot of others would, too. A paypal or kickstarter or something might be worth considering.

Thanks again!
    I completely agree. Well said Jerry!

Thanks Slag and Scum for all of the hard work. Much appreciated.

4. Default

Interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by slag View Post
    ... fairly significant server outage over the last week. ...
    Non-fairly being 100% loss of data?

+1 on contributions.

Thanks guys, for all the time and effort.

BTW did anyone think Stosh might be somehow connected to this outage?

@Slag: Thanks for returning my sig for X-mas!

you can try luring stosh out with a bottle of whiskey....
    [Ci]cryco
    freelancing agent of chaos

+ Reply to Thread