+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Forums have been moved

1. Default The Forums have been moved

I just completed migrating our forums from our old web server, Slag's Lair. It was about a 5 hour process that started around midnight last night. The old server has been hosting these forums for over three years. Slag's Lair also used to be our private Unreal Tournament server back as far as 2000. It was also our local file server for the several LAN's hosted by Arx many years ago in Chicago. So it's definitely done its tour of duty. Slag's Lair is being fully retired over the next few weeks. I hate to see it go, but all things must come to an end

We are now on some newer technology and the system appears to be fairly snappy. We should be in good shape for quite a while now.

Please note that during the migration, I found some corrupted records in our database. The corruption appears to have been isolated to sometime in the afternoon yesterday. So a few posts may be missing from yesterday, but I think that will be the extent of it. Please let me know if you find any other issues. Sorry for any inconvenience that may cause.

Also, attachments are not working at the moment. I'll get that fixed later today.

Welcome to our new webhost
    · Slag · molten lava ·
    · Carpe Imperium ·

2. Default

Yay! I access the forums from everywhere a lot, but it was so tedious to go through CI's lump portal. The new URL for 'em is so much easier to remember/type!

The URL didn't change.
    Currently Playing on PC: Dirty Bomb; Battlefront II; Stellaris; Curious Expedition; The Witcher III. Currently playing on Wii U: Zelda Breath of the Wild.

4. Default

It was "http://www.ciwow.com/forums", now it's "http://www.ciwow.com/forums". Subtle but different.

Please be sure to update any bookmarks or favorites you are using to the new URL. I already had one bonehead thinking the forums were still down down
    · Slag · molten lava ·
    · Carpe Imperium ·

Lol!
    "The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on." - Ulysses S. Grant

Gnommi

Oh I always go in by www.ciwow.com
    Currently Playing on PC: Dirty Bomb; Battlefront II; Stellaris; Curious Expedition; The Witcher III. Currently playing on Wii U: Zelda Breath of the Wild.

7. Default

i always just typed out www.ciwow.com/forums
    i agree with gnommi
    LOL!

8. Default

um... uh... make that "2" boneheads
    · Slag · molten lava ·
    · Carpe Imperium ·

9. Default

i must take Jerry's side on this i always go in from www.ciwow.com

10. Default

Jerry wasn't included in that count