PDA

View Full Version : ONS is NOT dead ONE DAY Tournament by [ST2]

LordSithLord
02-09-2007, 06:59 AM
Hi all, it's been a long time CI m8s

I've been here for other reasons, but let me introduce myself for the one that do not know me!!
I'm LordSithLord aka LSL from [ST2] clan, I'm in charge of public relation problems, recruitments, and I'm also ONS WA.
33 years old and I play UT since UT2003.

here is what I'm coming for :

Don't miss out!

ONS is NOT dead o/ Tournament is a 3v3 ONS One-Day tournament organized by [ST2] on SUNDAY MARCH 4th, 2007. Starting time @ 14:00 CET
4 groups gathering 24 Teams, then 3 best of each group will fight mercyless in winners and loosers brackets.
Here is more than enough to spend with a good and intensive afternoon of pure ONS!!!

Prize to win ? Lots of fun and the pride to have dethroned |FAT| (if someone can do this...).
**Bonus** It's a good opportunity to test your preparation before the next Hosted CB ONS cup 3v3 (http://www.clanbase.com/news_league.php?lid=2889).

We hope to see you all join and perform IRC Qnet #st2.tournoi for latest informations and subscriptions (http://tournoi.stut.ch/?page=index).
All english rules and translation shall come soon ;)

Hope to see some of you guys over there and to relay the info to people whom you know might be interrested ;)
I know you have nearly quit ONS but, with this ONS CB cup coming and your past experience and skill I can not believe beloved ONS has not place anymore in your agendas !!
So please MTV : pimp my ride!! :eyeroll: Oups, please CI come along ;)

++ \o/

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/8664/onsisnotdead50pour100sw8.jpg

Koli
02-09-2007, 08:23 AM
Sorry, but ECi are finished with UT2004 due to inactive members.

Thanks for the offer though ;)

DeciBel
02-09-2007, 08:56 AM
Who knows, maybe three players step up and are willing to play for old time's sake.

Taleweaver
02-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Serious bad timing, I'm afraid. :\

LooseCannon beat you to organising things that weekend: he's holding a LAN in Portsmouth at that time. 14:00 CET would probably still be okay, but if it takes some hours (which is pretty likely on these events) I might miss my boat back home (and yes, I said boat).

Other than that: a very good initiative, if you ask me. :tup: Nice to hear onslaught isn't dead yet. :)

virgo47
02-09-2007, 06:35 PM
Ah, that was the thing on that date about which Ikkuh asked me! :-)

I would be avail I guess... another 2 + backup?

Even if we don't make it - yes, nice move it is.

LooseCannon
02-10-2007, 02:03 AM
On hols. Speak later. :)

LordSithLord
02-10-2007, 03:45 AM
LC should get a internet connection from his LAN then :p

Well guys I would be really please if you manage Three to get there ;), in worst case if only one or two are available, I guess there will be many individuals ready to set up ONE day line-ups ;)

#st2.tournoi

++:tup:

Savatage
02-10-2007, 04:28 AM
I'd love to play in this, but I'm afraid I can't.... I always sport on Sunday afternoon.

Taleweaver
02-10-2007, 07:38 AM
LC should get a internet connection from his LAN then :p
He already has one. And considering that the LAN will be held in an office, it's likely that the connection will also be stable and smooth. :)

However, LAN's have a reputation of making quite a mess (especially if I'm involved ;) ), which means there should be a good time margin to pack & clean up. Most of this depends on the one organizing things...

\me gives a questioning look at LooseCannon

On the good side: I just checked my ferry time...it leaves at 23:00 CET. Given the possibility...

\me looks at LC again

...then I would really like to sign up to this. :tup:

Ikkuh
02-10-2007, 09:32 AM
check the rollcall, guys :):tup:

LordSithLord
02-12-2007, 10:18 AM
He already has one. And considering that the LAN will be held in an office, it's likely that the connection will also be stable and smooth. :)

However, LAN's have a reputation of making quite a mess (especially if I'm involved ;) ), which means there should be a good time margin to pack & clean up. Most of this depends on the one organizing things...

\me gives a questioning look at LooseCannon

On the good side: I just checked my ferry time...it leaves at 23:00 CET. Given the possibility...

\me looks at LC again

...then I would really like to sign up to this. :tup:

Then here is a very good news !!!!

So far 7 sign up : FAT, IOD, EzO, [STA] (my admin team), LDG (french team) MC (french team), Phoenixes.
On their way many more \o/

DeciBel
02-12-2007, 02:32 PM
French teams? :blink: :eek: :O_o:

LooseCannon
02-13-2007, 12:23 PM
If we get 3 [Ci] available that aren't at the LAN, we might get a another squad of [all-star-drunk-LANers]. :D

Savatage
02-14-2007, 04:32 AM
Keep on dreaming... if we could get 6 avails we wouldn't be inactive in the first place...

Taleweaver
02-14-2007, 06:37 AM
French teams? :blink: :eek: :O_o:
Oui, oui...ils existent: des gens qui parle le français et joue du UT deux-mille quartre. Et qui forme une...ehm...une clan en faire cela.

Est-ce que vous avez du problèmes avec des francophones, monsieur Decibèl? ;)

virgo47
02-14-2007, 06:53 AM
Oui, oui...ils existent: des gens qui parle le français et joue du UT deux-mille quartre. Et qui forme une...ehm...une clan en faire cela.

You're way too enlightened. ;-) In spite of that I don't understand you. :-P

LooseCannon
02-14-2007, 07:26 AM
Keep on dreaming... if we could get 6 avails we wouldn't be inactive in the first place...It wouldn't be a [Ci] squad from the LAN. ;)

Savatage
02-14-2007, 09:05 AM

No idea about Db, but I do :P

Ikkuh
02-14-2007, 01:58 PM
kè?

Taleweaver
02-14-2007, 02:13 PM
No idea about Db, but I do :P
The problem with you Dutchies is that you don't know any other language!

;)

Savatage
02-14-2007, 04:02 PM
Scuse me? I know French, German and English... don't need more. I must admit I translated that sentence a bit too fast tho, so my reply is a bit off :)

Koli
02-14-2007, 05:47 PM
The problem with you Dutchies is that you don't know any other language!

;)Oh so English isn't a language? How dare you! :bah:

DeciBel
02-14-2007, 08:12 PM

Yea, Yea. They exist: The people who talk French AND play UT2k4. And they form eeerm a clan and go together.

Do you have problems with French talking people, mister Decibel.

Now I must say my French is rather rusty, and I translated it without a dictionary. But still I don't think I'm far off.
Next to my basic knowledge of French, I'm able to have a decent conversation in German and English.
In addition, most of the Dutch people attained the knowledge of at least two languages to an extent that they are understandable.
So your argument that "Dutchies" do not know any other languages is pretty much rubbish.

Could you please provide an example of another country which has an educational system where at least three languages are mandatory (higher education even demands four) in the first few years of high school?

And Mr Golden Dragon next time while stating something please be careful not to generalise.
Otherwise I could simply state that all Belgians have a split personality, and they need to find professional help to figure out what language should be used in every day life nationwide.

Good night and Good luck.

Taleweaver
02-15-2007, 02:23 AM
Okay...thus far, three people have failed to see mr. ;) in the post. And to think I almost left him out because it's so obvious. :lol:

Of course you guys know other languages. It's ridiculous to say otherwise because we are having this conversation in English*.

Extra props to Rhizome, who manages to draw an even more absurd conclusion from the post, thus already making my day. Remind me I owe you a :beerchug: on the LAN, mate.

And for the record: my French isn't that great either. Just yesterday, I made the error to write down the following specifications: "graveur DVD Samsung 16x - Double douche". It was supposed to be a DVD writer with dual layer support (double couche), but ended up coming with two showers. :hyper:

* I really thought this would make the previous post funny...I guess I'm not allowed to have fun at nations that aren't Belgium :(
\me sends out apology cards to each Dutchie that got insulted in the previous post

Savatage
02-15-2007, 03:27 AM
Yea, Yea. They exist: The people who talk French AND play UT2k4. And they form eeerm a clan and go together.

Do you have problems with French talking people, mister Decibel.

Now I must say my French is rather rusty, and I translated it without a dictionary. But still I don't think I'm far off.
Next to my basic knowledge of French, I'm able to have a decent conversation in German and English.
In addition, most of the Dutch people attained the knowledge of at least two languages to an extent that they are understandable.
So your argument that "Dutchies" do not know any other languages is pretty much rubbish.

Could you please provide an example of another country which has an educational system where at least three languages are mandatory (higher education even demands four) in the first few years of high school?

And Mr Golden Dragon next time while stating something please be careful not to generalise.
Otherwise I could simply state that all Belgians have a split personality, and they need to find professional help to figure out what language should be used in every day life nationwide.

Good night and Good luck.

Well said :tup: :)

virgo47
02-15-2007, 08:13 AM
Now here it was an advantage to not understand it seems. :-)))

I'm pretty lazy - knowing only English. I resist to learn German (never started and I don't like the language - hope I'll not miss that so much while everybody can talk in English) and only other foreign language I know is Czech. :-) But unlike a lot of former Czechoslovakian I'm very good at both of those languages.

I hope you'll stick to English in TS. :-) Yeah, and be a little bit more acceptive to yourselfs. ;-) I don't exactly understand every single Tale's ... innuendo - but you seem like you wanna eat him alive! :-) (And one more explicit alibistic ;-) for everyone.)

DeciBel
02-15-2007, 08:49 AM
You are absolutely right Virgo :)
I just felt like replying to some things stated even though there was a wink involved. I think there was a need for me to defend us "Dutchies" no matter if it was just a Belgian joke ;)
I hope Tale does not take it personal, and it was not meant as a "hate-reply". Just a mere reply on the rhetoric of his joke.

I can say for myself that I was not offended by it, meaning the joke, but sometimes I cannot fight the urge to reply.
And at least it increased the public forum activity levels ;)

I'll drop by in mIRC sometime, cheers!

Koli
02-15-2007, 03:39 PM
I can say for myself that I was not offended by it, meaning the joke, but sometimes I cannot fight the urge to reply. Ditto :tup:

Ender
02-16-2007, 06:40 AM
Stop spamming this topic, or I'll ban ya all :bah:

Savatage
02-16-2007, 08:49 AM
Asif :P

LordSithLord
02-17-2007, 09:18 AM
:lol::rofl:

Thought when I saw so much replies :

OMG They are found off our tournament!!! :rofl:

To get back on the first subject :

So far, 13 clans signed up from FAT and Divines to my admin team, a range of all skills :evil:

So there is 11 slots available and this could be hard to get one during the last minutes ;) so.... :D

Psyborg
02-17-2007, 06:33 PM
:lurk:

please, carry on

LordSithLord
02-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Up Up it this sunday , I still hope three of you will be around ;)

LordSithLord
03-05-2007, 05:04 AM
ONS is NOT dead \o/ Tournament Marathon ^^ is (nearly) OVER.

This week |FAT| vs |Fun| LB final and Grand final with #skyraider Team.

138 games played, lots of frags, fun, ownage from big on smalls, hard fight from smalls against big, well......pure ONS \o/.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed it, we, admins did.

THX for your participation and see you on CB Hosted ONS 3v3 CUP (this time money to win ;))

PS: You did not attend that tourney?? OMG \o/ you missed a nice event. Do not miss next one ;)

Special note to CI:

Well guys, I hope your LAN went as good as our tourney did. I wish you could have attend but this is how life goes ;)
Anyway our roads we'll cross again and at worst we'll play agaisnt each others on UT3 ;)

Take care \o/

virgo47
03-05-2007, 06:56 AM
I'm frustrated with my internet... however that's not important in this thread. Important is that you did a great job with this event. Good propagation and the rest... it's nice to see ONS alive even when I can't participate.

:-)

LooseCannon
03-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Very good to hear it went well LSL. :)

The LAN was great. It ended at about 2pm, but I'm not sure when, because I was arranging stuff... So most of us were either in-transit or clearing/cleaning while the Tourney was underway.

Next time LSL! Plenty on ONS addicts still around here. :)