PDA

View Full Version : [Ci] here I come (new member)

howlatnight
06-25-2006, 09:31 AM
New [Ci] recruit here.

Tiger wanted me to write an intro post, so here it is.
I'll be a senior this year to finish up high school here in the sweltering hot mosquito infested Houston Tx. My first time playing unreal was at a lan where I fell in love with ONS. That was back in the day when I attempted to run torlan on a 1.7 celeron and integrated microsoft graphics. 1-2 fps 4tw.
When I came to fragBU about 5 months ago I completely shattered the training curve I was on before, and I got extremely better in a short period of time.
Now with a much better computer I enjoy playing TDM and CTF espically. My favorite maps would have to be orbital2, spider crossings, campers crossings, and Citadel. Worst map would have to be maul.
Im glad to be a member of [Ci] and be among the ranks of all the great guys I've played with before and those I have yet to meet, and will do everything I can so that I will be a good addition to the team.

[Ci-t]Howlatnight <<-- edited to reflect current status.

LooseCannon
06-25-2006, 09:32 AM
And here he is! After hearing soooo much about you. :D ;)

Hello and welcome. :)

DeciBel
06-25-2006, 10:06 AM
:wave:

Taleweaver
06-25-2006, 10:13 AM
Ah, finally. We've indeed heard some confirmed rumors about you wanting to join us. :) It's not just Tigerstyle who requested the intro post, though. It's clan policy (http://www.clanci.net/index.php?page=joinus), which means we all want this thread to get some first impressions of you (those of us who don't visit BuF, that is).

So...welcome to Carpe Imperium. :wave: :woot: :handsup:

My favorite maps would have to be orbital2, spider crossings, campers crossings, and Citadel. Worst map would have to be maul.
Yup...that sounds like a FragBU-inspired list allright. ;)

howlatnight
06-25-2006, 10:18 AM
Yup...that sounds like a FragBU-inspired list allright. ;)

You sure got that right :) I forgot to add anfractous.

dervey
06-25-2006, 10:27 AM
o/

TigerStyle
06-25-2006, 12:04 PM
Hi howl, now that wasn't so bad was it? :D

janiwashere
06-25-2006, 01:12 PM
:wave:

Renegade Retard
06-25-2006, 03:05 PM
Worst map would have to be maul.

That will change, quickly. ;)

Taleweaver
06-25-2006, 04:42 PM
That will change, quickly. ;)
Yeah...I've followed the FragBU thread (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=174858&page=2) as well :P

Yeah, you now have to lump CTF-Romra in with ONS-Tricky, because its a map that inspires people to not play the gametype. We should just remove the flags, barriers, and all unnecessary weapons... like everything except for the Lightning Gun and Shock Rifle. And to be honest we could do without the Shock Rifle since you don't get headshots with it.

Naah...Just remove the floor. Floors are so cliché. ;)

Sir, you just gave me an idea for a crap map.

*begins making it*

Roundy
06-26-2006, 05:06 AM
hey, I hope you have fun playing Maul a lot mate :P

howlatnight
06-26-2006, 10:26 AM
I do believe Maul will have to grow on me.

Skold
06-26-2006, 01:34 PM
I do believe Maul will have to grow on me.

Oh it will, like a fungus.

AntiMatter
06-27-2006, 02:28 AM
Heya howl :D

The Warden
06-28-2006, 10:30 AM
hehe Howl I'm not too fond of it either, once it's learned how to play it, you'll be fine with it.

Bregs
07-08-2006, 06:15 AM
ThE TaM TeAm saluttttttttttttt You

Koli
07-08-2006, 06:19 AM
Awww, does this mean I have to respect howl in #bufunite for now on? :(

Turns2Ashes
07-09-2006, 12:03 AM
As long as you tack on the obligatory ;) at the end of all disrepectful statements no one will ever know the difference. :P

Skold
07-09-2006, 12:14 AM
Don't forget T2A's fav http://buf.beyondunreal.com/images/smilies/grinyay.gif

Renegade Retard
07-09-2006, 09:31 AM
As long as you tack on the obligatory ;) at the end of all disrepectful statements no one will ever know the difference. :P

Reminds me of an "ad" I posted on Beyond Unreal....

An amazing new product!!!

Generic_Poster: "How do you like my new sig?"
You: "I think it's pretty stupid"
Dark_Prepuce drops the banhammer
You: "Oh noehs!!!"

Has this ever happened to you? Sick of opening your mouth just to insert both feet? Does your lack of tact make you feel mistunderstood? Does your non-existent sense of humor get you in trouble?

Then you need the ;). The ;) is a REVOLUTIONARY new product that will make even the worst post seem harmless and lighthearted. Want to be rude to someone but not suffer the reprecussions of your rudeness? Try a ;)! Want to flame someone without facing the mighty banhammer? Try a ;)! Want to post any questionably incensitive or intolerant post but don't want the hassle of having to defend yourself. Try a ;)!!!

The secret of the ;) is in the ";". Using the same Space Age Technology used by NASA on the Space Shuttle, we have magically changed the ":" to a ";". This allows the ordinary :) to be changed to the incredible new ;)! With the ;), you can now flame away, WORRY FREE!

And if you act now, we'll throw in a SECOND ;), absolutely free. Now you and a friend can take turns flaming away on the forums. You can both flame at the same time. You can even flame each other, without the worry of retaliation.

But that's not all, we'll also give you a complemetary :P, just as a "thank you" for your business. The :P works much like a ;), but to a lesser degree. Want to mildly suggest that a post is stupid without flaming them? Use a :P instead. Have a friend that's being dumb but you don't want to hurt your friendship? Give him a :P.

Finally, all of our products are RISK free, so why wait? You get two ;)'s and the handy :P for one low price of $19.95*. And if you're not completely satisfied with your ;), you can return it at no cost, and the :P is yours to keep, ABSOLUTELY FREE.**

Order now while supplies last!

*Cost is $19.95 plus $199.95 shipping and handling. Not available outside the US, cannot be shipped outside of the US, to Alaska, to Hawaii, or any of the 48 Continental states. Returns are subject to all shipping costs and a $500.00 restocking fee. The seller makes no guarrantee's to the effectiveness of the product, and cannot be responsible for the actions of the mighty banhammer even while the product is in use. Use at your own risk. Not approved by the National BUA (Beyond Unreal Admins).

**While we allow the product to be returned if you are not satified, we do not provide refunds.

cryco
07-10-2006, 08:55 AM
welcome on board.

blaster001
07-11-2006, 05:39 PM
heya :wave: