PDA

View Full Version : Tam?

Wyatt_Earp
05-23-2006, 12:16 PM
Break yourselves children.

Greetings from Nervous Energy.

I come in peace.

Howdy y'all. I have come from Nervous Energy to see if you guys play Team Arena Master (TAM) or not.

We do, at ne, and we are currently hibernating in the ladder. We have just put together a brand new tam team and we are eager to see how well we will fare against the opposition. Therefore i am going around all the nice clans to see who wants to have a friendly game with us one thursday night. I know weve had some great ons games with Ci in the past so i thought id make you guys my first stop.

Catch you all later.

W

LooseCannon
05-24-2006, 02:17 PM
Hi Wyatt_Earp. Welcome. :)

A TAM scrim ... hmmm ... nice idea. :D Not sure how we'll get onto it atm. :raisebrow: Let's see.

Slainchild
05-25-2006, 06:11 AM
We don't have a TAM squad, and I don't want to play TAM, or be part of a TAM squad.

But the other guys might want to play.

Turns2Ashes
05-25-2006, 01:15 PM
/me puts on tin foil hat.

TAM KILLED UT2004 LAWWWWWL >:[

*h0rd3GGG*
05-25-2006, 02:21 PM
I don't want to play TAM, or be part of a TAM squad

idem

graou
05-26-2006, 02:19 AM
hey Wyatt :wave:

hope all ne are doing fine :respect: :)

although I kinda agree with what T2A says and it is also true that we dont have an active TAM squad, I think it is possible to gather 4 guys for a couple of friendly scrims.
let's see ;)

Taleweaver
05-26-2006, 05:40 AM
I didn't reply before because I don't feel like setting up strats, gathering and co-ordinating a team in any way and learn some map* to play well.
But on the other hand, I don't mind playing some friendly scrims.

Oh, and welcome to our forum thread thingy, Wyatt :)

*which can be anything, provided it's called DM-Goose2k4

Turns2Ashes
05-27-2006, 03:01 AM
The brilliant thing is you don't need map strats for TAM to be good at it. 8/10ths or more of the game is hitscan aim. 1/10th is coordinating adrenaline combos (e.g. do you go invis now or wait and booster next round?), and the other 1/10th is shock combos around corners/general defensive spam. So long as you have a team on voice to call out enemy positions and you all don't suck ass at UT2004 you can be a competitive force in TAM. No strats necessary! Every map is exactly the same, in essence. It's so simple a caveman could do it. :cheesy:

Wyatt_Earp
05-29-2006, 07:48 AM
T2A nailed it basically. It is easy to pick up.

Basically, our tam team is brand new. We have about 6 or 7 very good tam players but for the most part weve not played together as a team. Weve had plenty of interclan practices and stuff but never against another proper opposition. My initial idea was to have a couple of games against some other clans for us to get a feel for where we are in the ladder. That way we could challenge accordingly.

However in the short term i figured as you guys were really cool in the ons games we had a while back (more on those in a minute) you might be up for this. We can play mixed teams even if things get a bit onesided in the games. It would just be nice to have some fresh blood to spill if you know what i mean.

Ons also then.

Do you still have an active 6v6 ons squad? if you do, do you fancy having some 6v6 ons games with us some time. Same as above, weve taken on 3 or 4 new ons players and we need to get them into some proper games too.

Anyway, ive spammed your airwaves for far too long now.

Good day to one and all.

W

DeciBel
05-29-2006, 09:26 AM
T2A nailed it basically. It is easy to pick up.

That's exactly what I don't really like about TAM, after a short warmup of 5 mins you should be able to take on the best. While with everything else [ONS/TDM/CTF] you only should be getting good at it by putting a lot of time in it.
Anyway since I got accused of botting/cheating during a boring TAM pub I haven't fired UT up :\.

Turns2Ashes
05-30-2006, 09:38 AM
Getting called a bot by some worthless retard in a pub is what UT is all about. It means you're probably getting good. You shouldn't not play because of it; you should let it feed your ego and keep going.

LooseCannon
05-30-2006, 11:49 AM
Getting called a bot ... It means you're probably getting good. ... I've been called a butt. Does that count?

Wyatt_Earp
06-01-2006, 04:28 AM
EEEk, ive started a flame war. :)

I understand your point about the tdm/tam thing, i played my first game of tdm the other night, ive not played it in a year or more. After countless hours of tam i was back to it and i realised how much id missed it. The problem is if i went back to my clan and said Ci want to play TDM with us, we'd get creamed, theyd all have fits and someone might die. I couldnt live with myself.

We are in the tam ladder as theres not much else going on in ut atm. The ons ladder is slowing down, hence why we are trying to inject a bit of life into that too.

At the end of the day its all about having a bit of banter with a friendly rival. If you dont fancy it noone can force you to play.

For those that do want to play we can make it next wednesday (7th) or the following one (14th).

Are these ok with you fellas?

DeciBel
06-01-2006, 05:29 AM
The problem is if i went back to my clan and said Ci want to play TDM with us, we'd get creamed, theyd all have fits

That's what I liked about TDM you need a lot of practice otherwise you get creamed, with TAM you just jump in and in a way it's everyone's game.
Ah well it can be fun ofcourse, but it's just not very progressive.
Have fun if Ci can find 4 people to do a scrim :spin:

Bregs
06-08-2006, 09:33 AM
ill play tam

LooseCannon
06-08-2006, 09:45 AM
Update ya avail in the role call then ya plonka. :P

TigerStyle
06-08-2006, 11:57 AM
The brilliant thing is you don't need map strats for TAM to be good at it. 8/10ths or more of the game is hitscan aim. 1/10th is coordinating adrenaline combos (e.g. do you go invis now or wait and booster next round?), and the other 1/10th is shock combos around corners/general defensive spam. So long as you have a team on voice to call out enemy positions and you all don't suck ass at UT2004 you can be a competitive force in TAM. No strats necessary! Every map is exactly the same, in essence. It's so simple a caveman could do it. :cheesy:

agreed.

dervey
06-09-2006, 05:33 PM
We proved that in a random friendly with flatlinerz. Almost won it too ;)

Wyatt_Earp
06-16-2006, 06:42 AM
Thanks for some great games the other night guys. Was a lot of fun and we would love to do it again soon.