PDA

View Full Version : Euro v USA

^Gremlin
04-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Hello [Ci]

Im coming to you with an offer. My friends at www.onscentral.com are putting together a 6v6 Onslaught match between USA and Euro. Recently, they had done a similar match between USA and Canada, and it was a big success due to it being UTV'ed and it being anxiously awaited by the whole community. Therefore, in the true spirit of the game and to keep the momentum going, they proposed a match between our Euro and the the NA community. This time UTV'ed too:D

The rules of the game would be simple. One clanmember from each clan (so pick out ur best). One map will be played on a Euro server of choice, and the second map would be on an NA server. Servers would run standard competition settings, with utcomp1.6(with netcode on). If the match comes down to a tie-break, it wld be played on an NA server, due to the fact that NA ping worse on euro servers, than the other way around...

This is just a vague outline of the rules though. If u feel otherwise or need more info, u can come over to the ONScentral forums or hop into the IRC channel on ETG > @ #onspug. One rule is fixed though-only one clanmember per clan.

This is a very good oppurtunity for the Onslaught community as a whole, as it would revive the interest in a game that everyone is fearing was going through a slow and painful death. Also, u can see what the NA folks are upto.

I have a lot of clans to contact, so ur best bet to contact me or the admins, would be at the forum or the IRC channel. You can PM on the forum for further clarification too.

^Gremlin

Savatage
04-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Well, that sure sounds interesting, and sounds like a lot of fun :) I'd be up for it, but I'd need the approval of my fellow clanmembers for that first ;) We'll be sure to send someone though, so I'll get in touch with you soon.

Thnx for the invite!

Sav

edhe
04-15-2005, 02:12 AM
If you're using netcode from utcomp 1.6 it won't matter what server you play the playoff on. And it should be up to a virtual toincoss, so that's a strange rule o_O

Good luck in your game.

p.s. who won, Us or Can? ;)

Walkah
04-15-2005, 05:22 AM
plus isn't 2 rounds per map? and in case of a tie can't one round be played in one server and the other round in the other?

Scumgrief
04-15-2005, 06:04 AM
Sounds pretty cool. Keep us informed.

^Gremlin
04-15-2005, 09:47 AM
OMFG is that silent bob!!! love all his movies...kevin smith is ta bomb :D

anyways, i think this match wld be a huge hit if all the clans participate. most of the top clans are putting there best up there. as for the rules, they all cld be argued :D. im just a lonely messenger boy /jk

what i mean is that, we want the person who wld be representing the clan to register on the ONScentral forum(or anyone for that matter) and state ur demands/rule clarification. cos we need to have a common meeting point for all the Euro clans, and i think that forum is the best bet, cos all the top NA clans are there too. :tup:

ps: USA beat canada 2-0...who saw that one coming :boggled:

SU3000
04-15-2005, 09:49 AM
And may we send in two players?

Savatage
04-15-2005, 03:06 PM
Indd, that would be kewl, because we have an American and European side actually :)

^Gremlin
04-16-2005, 01:08 PM
That wld be brilliant sending in two players. In the US Can match, most clan send in one player each to both sides. if u have two guys do put ur name up :P

Savatage
04-16-2005, 01:42 PM
Well, who we sending then? :)

cryco
04-17-2005, 05:13 PM
what is this 'onslaught' you speak of? Is it a new gametype? ;)

edhe
04-18-2005, 02:35 AM
Just chuck in our internationalists anyway ;)

SU3000
04-18-2005, 09:17 AM
Which brings me to another questions: May we send Canadians instead of USians?