PDA

View Full Version : Carpe Imperium 5th anniversary!

Loibisch
03-04-2005, 12:31 PM
Today is the very day clan Carpe Imperium has been around for 5 years.

Founded back in the original "Unreal Tournament" era [Ci] has come a long way from playing just for fun to playing competitively in 4 gametypes and a number of different ladders and leagues. Noone even knows the amount of games we played as a team nor the amount of different players that have been part of this clan at one time or another.

All we know is we prevailed and we're now officially old :P

To celebrate this unique event we are pleased to announce that the heart of our website, our forums, have been upgraded. Not only upgraded in the terms of a new version...no. We are now running our own copy of vBulletin, the leading bulletin board software out there (no, they're not paying me to write this :P). This should be the last migration we'll ever have to pull through.

Also starting today our European server "The Fridge" will be running the original "Unreal Tournament" just for the fun of it. So if you want to have some fun with the guys, drop by later tonight (and the following days) to get some oldschool UT in! The details will be posted later in the Fridge's server forum.

Now get out there and celebrate like it's '99!

cryco
03-04-2005, 12:49 PM
w000000000t
While I have only been here for 4 3/12 of the 5 years Ci exists, you just made me feel old.
Too bad our current roster sucks..... ;)
Bah, I would have babies with all of you.

edhe
03-04-2005, 12:49 PM
:woot:

Awesome job :)

Congrats to Ci for being stubborn, and nice new colours :D

Long live it!

becoming
03-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Holy surprise new forums, Batman!!!

They look great, good work! I haven't been in Ci even a fifth of its existance, but I look forward to continuing the tradition!

Love live Ci!!!

Loibisch
03-04-2005, 12:55 PM
Some people will have to edit their signatures again, they got borked at import...afraid I couldn't prevent that :)

CyberSirius
03-04-2005, 12:58 PM
And i can't create new threads :irked:

Congrats for Ci's 5th aniversery

Loibisch
03-04-2005, 01:01 PM
fixed, sorry :)

Scumgrief
03-04-2005, 01:05 PM
Awesome work Loib! Happy Birthday [Ci] :cool::tup:

Scumgrief
03-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Forum members will want to check on their PM inboxes... I just had to delete every unwanted PM that I've ever received or sent in the past!

Loibisch
03-04-2005, 01:17 PM
lol, you are right...I had no idea it still stored those in the database...

Selerox
03-04-2005, 01:35 PM
The Legend Continues...

AntiMatter
03-04-2005, 01:48 PM
My first [Ci] anniversary :)

great job with the new forums :tup:

edit: hmm it seems i joined the forums before 2004 anniversary, i guess i missed that one

LooseCannon
03-04-2005, 01:50 PM
Impressive effort, work and results. Wow... :tup:

BTW, where are the in-post smilies/ You know it's the main reason I'm here. ;)

Loibisch
03-04-2005, 01:55 PM
Go to your User Options (http://forums.clanci.net/profile.php?do=editoptions) and waaaay to the bottom there's the edit type. Set it to either standard or enhanced interface.

Alternatively you can go to the very bottom of the page and hit the smilies link (http://forums.clanci.net/misc.php?do=showsmilies)

Psyborg
03-04-2005, 01:55 PM
wtg :D:D
Where's my huge list of superflous smilies?

EDit ^ : the answer was posted while i typed this :P

ArXcis
03-04-2005, 01:59 PM
First there was sliced bread.....And now THIS!!!!11one!~@

Loib your swell!

As current ACi captain I’d just like to thank everyone, past and present, who have dedicated themselves to this clan.

Amazing, 5 long years!

I believe this to be the ultimate tribute to all of our members past and present. We have all come into this clan from all walks of life. Each one of us brought with them life experience and a uniqueness that adds to the whole of Carpe Imperium. We come together in camaraderie to compete in a game we all love while sharing our thoughts and lives with one another. All united to each person and each to the clan. We strive to be the best we can while ensuring the happiness of all, pushing our selves ever further. (even over the edge sometimes) Members have come and gone, while others have been here from the beginning. How each and every one of us got here is a tale fondly remembered. And though we can all remember members who have left us for the countless reasons life can formulate, the essence of Carpe Imperium has stayed true. Each person that has had the privilege to wear our tag knows now or will realize later, this fact:

Carpe Imperium is unique. It is more than the sum of its parts and has a more significant definition than, “just a group of people playing a game.”

I raise my glass to all.

As time goes by, we may adopt different battle cries or slogans, but the one we all love is…
Carpe Imperium Forever!

Loibisch
03-04-2005, 02:00 PM
watch out, some of the smilie tags have changed slightly as vbulletin doesn't allow any smilie to be a prefix of another smilie. Also smilies have precedence over other parsed bbcode, so the old ":/" smilie messed up all "http://"-style links...so now it's ":\"

Loibisch
03-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Oh, I have to put out my personal thanks to Necro, for fixing up the new news system over the past week :):tup:

PapaBear
03-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Wow, to think I've been here for about 25% of that time.

Congrats to [Ci] as a whole!

Savatage
03-04-2005, 03:03 PM
w00t, great stuff man :D

Congrats to Ci, and nice stuff on the new forums :tup:

spineblaZe
03-04-2005, 03:14 PM
Forums look great, vbulletin rocks. You need to add selectable styles though.

janiwashere
03-04-2005, 03:17 PM
:beerchug:

Loibisch
03-04-2005, 03:19 PM
Forums look great, vbulletin rocks. You need to add selectable styles though.
As soon as we got more styles...I might be reviving the blue style if people want it :).

Savatage
03-04-2005, 03:28 PM
I'd love it actually, now that I'm browsing the forums for a while I think the old one was better... just my opinion of course ;)

Also I noticed some weird shit in quoting people (I got this example out of the CTF aftermath: Originally posted by gramps+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gramps)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>and it's so easy to blame edhe, but can't you understand whenever you open your mouth we all expect there's a big chance of a complaint or a rant coming up?[/b] )

And erm, my random avvy doesn't seem to work, and I can't find the 'edit sig' page anywhere...

Loibisch
03-04-2005, 03:33 PM
let's give this a bit of getting used to, plus I won't really be able to make any more changes soon, gotta do stuff for uni ffs :P

About the quoting I guess there's nothing I can do...it messed up in some parts, but 99% of the stuff is just fine...sucky but we'll have to live with it.

I never noticed you had a random avvy :O_o:

You can edit your signature in your user profile, "User CP --> Edit Signature"
or use this link (http://forums.clanci.net/profile.php?do=editsignature)

Savatage
03-04-2005, 03:36 PM
I did, I have a shock one and a flak one, and I also had random signatures, both based on the script http://forums.clanci.net/showthread.php?t=4370&highlight=random+signature (http://Necro wrote.

Now I can't make the avatar thingy with and code, because I can only upload it from my PC or link to it, it used to have a box in which I could add a code/URL. Same thing with the signature... can't seem to find any edit page for that :(

::edit:: ok I clicked your link and it says: 'Sorry, you are not permitted to have a signature'

wth? :O_o: :lol:

btw it does show my signature in the 'preview post' before posting :bah:

DeciBel
03-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Congrats Ci, when is the birthday LAN party?

m&ms
03-04-2005, 03:56 PM
I'll be happy to give my -t back to [Ci] as a birthday present. ;)

Loibisch
03-04-2005, 04:06 PM
now, sav ;)

Kashll
03-04-2005, 04:53 PM
Awesome... just way to awesome for words :) :o

I almost had an aneurysm when i clicked on Forums and saw that sleek sweet silver Carpe Imperium at the top of the page.

Happy Birthday Ci

This marks 8 months that I've been with you guys... get to celebrate my year anniversary in may :D

edhe
03-04-2005, 05:05 PM
Only thing i find about the f0 so far is that the 'new posts in this thread' icon isn't as different from the standard one as it used to be - if we could change that i'd be happy :p

+ smilie window thing :p

Loibisch
03-04-2005, 05:10 PM
smilie window has been globally fixed. I'll se what I can do with the new post information...

DraZtiK
03-04-2005, 07:48 PM
smilie window has been globally fixed.

:handsup:

phunky
03-05-2005, 12:15 AM
w00t!!! Happy birthday Ci!!
Kashll, could you wait till June so we can celebrate our year anniversary together? :P :D

P.S.:I lllllllllllove vbulletin, nice work guys!

Swedix
03-05-2005, 02:52 AM
:headbang: What a surprise. It was abou time we got a new style on the forums too.

Well done, guys.

SU3000
03-05-2005, 03:07 AM
:headbang:

Congrats guys!

Ender
03-05-2005, 04:26 AM
Happy Birthday Ci, from someone that has not closed even a year with you. Just wish I'd been here from the start of the locomotion ;)

The new forum simply rocks! :tup: :notworthy:

(Now if only I can find me personal smilie.... Ahhhhh, Yeah -> :naughty: It's alive here too, weeeeeeeee!!!!)

janiwashere
03-05-2005, 10:00 AM
Is there a "mark all forums as read" button somewhere? :O_o:

edit:nm found it

BoboThePenguin
03-05-2005, 12:44 PM
:woot: happy b-day ci!

m00nay
03-05-2005, 02:22 PM
Congrats and Happy Birthday Ci :party:

cambo
03-05-2005, 10:59 PM
congrats to my fellow [Ci]'rs, glad to see you peeps is still around!! :aniwink:

Pope
03-06-2005, 12:44 AM
w00T, happy anniversary maties. :woot::w00t:

f0s look cool. Only one prob. No "show posts made in the last x days" :\. If that doesnt work, I'll start looking for a new clan next week.

gramps
03-06-2005, 12:30 PM
\o/

great stuff, but this style is ugly as hell. bring back teh blue plz :)

slag
03-07-2005, 09:28 PM
Loibisch, nice work here buddy :tup:

I know from personal experience that upgrades like this are not at all simple. You have all kinds of database migration, third party applications and OS issues to deal with. Once again you have taken all these difficult ingredients and stirred them into a successful implementation. Your hard work is greatly appreciated. :)

/me bows to his master :notworthy:

DraZtiK
03-08-2005, 04:50 AM
/me bows to his master :notworthy:

You kiss ass! :lol:

TyeFang
03-08-2005, 07:03 PM
Loib,

fanstanstic job with the forums!!!! Your personal contribution to our clan is greatly appreciated. You rock.

Thank you so very much :tup:

cheers,