PDA

View Full Version : hello

Saito
03-18-2004, 01:40 AM
saw you were looking at BR, just wanted to say welcome to the BR community and good luck in our small little world. :D

We have been playing BR since demo of 2k3 (IG LG 1.35 like most but I am sure you guys are NW vannila) but still BR is BR and its good to have another team in the group.

Best of luck to ya, and www.iglnet.com is the ladder to be at,

Sadly I don't really play NW (though it has been growing on me lately god help me) but I know most of the maps like the back of my hand.

Either way great you are giving BR a try and if you need a hand give us a yell. :smoking:

Pope
03-18-2004, 06:44 AM
OK, I got some unknown words here. What's BR, IG, LG? And what do you measure that is 1.35?!?!

j/k :P

janiwashere
03-18-2004, 11:34 AM
Hey Saito, welcome to Ci f0's :wave:
We have some hardcore BR players now that Ci assimilated with OUF, so it's not like we're n00bs in it. Well I am, but meh :P

CrazyCougar
03-18-2004, 11:39 AM
Hi Saito, I recognize you from BuF. Don't worry. We won't pick on your preference as much as you get it at BuF. ;)

Our BR squad has been known to play IG BR. Whether they like it is something you'd have to ask them though. ;)

Welcome to our forums. If you are looking for a scrim the one to contact is PapaBear or Firebush.

Sekhmet
03-18-2004, 04:16 PM
I think BR can actually be enjoyable with the xloc tweaking, I know I had some good games on Colossus :O_o:

Necro
03-18-2004, 06:07 PM
When OUF merged with Ci, Ci gained the top NW, NG bombing run clan in the country (US and Canada), we (read: ouf) were #1 on most (if not all) proving grounds br ladders in both normal weapons and instagib. We'd be more than happy to scrim you guys one of these days (we can split it between IG and NW)... Just talk to Papabear or Firebush (the squad leaders for BR) and set things up :)

Saito
03-18-2004, 10:55 PM
Well thanks for the warm welcome and not flaming IG :D truth be told its a good game type.

And furthermore I think IG took over BR so fast because it was so damn hard to kill people in NW and that ruins the game. :/ and yeah I have heard/played against some OUF people long time ago.

Since you dropped some history on your BR past let me do the same.

SPP is several years old and has been kept semi private and locked down to others. Starting 2k3 demo SPP was IG LG 1.35 BR, we put up 3 servers for the full version and had three teams on the www.iglnet.com ladder, for a while SPP was the top 3 teams. But you know how it goes people get lazy and go inactive and things change. We ended up with only 1 total, but it was top 5 and our core members are still the same. The admin for the www.iglnet.com BR IG ladders is a clan member as well, I think we are going to admin 2k4 as well.

I joined up in recently (was in a rival clan for a long time) and its a nice place. I saw your post in your recruitment thread about attitude meaning allot. Its the same for us. Most of our players are a bit cocky, and can be a bit agressive on forums. But thats part of forums and its all in good fun. In game we are firm believers in not rubbing in a win, and not crying about a loss. If you win your effort paid off, if you lost learn from it fix it and move on. We also don't really push our members, we got several inactives due to real life or tech issues but they still post, its kinda like family. And some (like me) play for other teams (2 vs 2 br team with old friend) so its close knit but not a dictatorship.

As for 2k4 well we have the following plans.

1. NW ONS (god help us none of our players played NW in 2k3 but we enjoy it and there is only way to learn)
2. IG LG 1.35 BR (something we know and love)
3. Potentialy IG LG 1.35 CTF (again something we know)

We are planning on dropping 3 2k4 servers soon (1 should be up already) 1 ons, 1 br, 1 as.

If you want a scrim that would work for BR or ONS, but none of our players like NW br, so ONS works better (even though we blow at NW).

And if you want some BR helps (even though you have OUF) I might be able to show you some tricks, I am pretty adept at it. ;)a

and I tried NW br back in the day, who knows I may try it again.

slag
03-18-2004, 11:06 PM
Welcome to the Ci forums Saito :)

We are always up for some good competition - I look forward to playing your team sometime in the future :D

Saito
03-22-2004, 05:39 PM
Stopped by your server, pings nice and smooth.

ChaosCrow
03-22-2004, 05:48 PM
welcome to the party

Saito
03-22-2004, 09:49 PM
As for scrims well sundays work great for us after 9pm.. ons or IG br is cool pick your poison and as long as we have like 3 days notice its usualy easy to grab up a team and have some fun. :D

On a side note SPP will not be fielding an NW br team :blush: so I may try to find one and then get some scrims with you guys on that level. I grew up in NG IG br so I can whore like a mad man (actualy scary well) I just am not used to the weapons so I will see if I can try to find a team and set some scrims up on that side.

BTW why the hell do people hate ball runners, yeah we don't get many points and get fragged allot, but dammint someobody has to move the ball and this aint ctf, I have no gun, its all foot work 8)

and one more thing, why is it when you own a team on solo runs, they call hax... come off it. I have been jucking the best LG IG players for a long time now, you won't hit me with that pea shooter you cal a flack cannon :rofl: at the same team I fear teh shock combo :crosseyed: comboing goal = dead runner :annoyed:

edhe
03-23-2004, 11:46 AM
IG enthusiasts are quite naive to the power of NW prediction, i've found.

spineblaZe
03-23-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by edhe@Mar 23 2004, 11:46 AM
http://gra.midco.net/thenut/emoticons/stupid.gif Well said.

http://gra.midco.net/thenut/emoticons/bio.gif

Saito
03-23-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by edhe@Mar 23 2004, 11:46 AM
I'd have to agree... but it's natural.

IG LG you don't have prediction weapons, nor do you have to worry about splash damage.

In NW you can walk around and avoid the rockets and spash, in IG such slow movement gets you killed. Most IG players move around like a jack rabbit on crack to avoid time in LOF.... but it's easy to tell where they are going.

It's worse in BR because you know the guy has to go through the goal. Nothing worse than zooming into a room to find 2 guys comboing the goal and 1 throwing rockets at it. :cry: of course the 1337 wall dodge onto their heads and fall in still works in NW.